Friday, June 14, 2013

50th Wedding Anniversary

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending a celebration for my Grandma and Grandpa Liddle's 50th wedding anniversary. All of my aunts and uncles got together and planned a recreation of their wedding reception.

The wedding dress was on display, and they even got someone to recreate the cake. I was very impressed.(that's the original cake topper)


There was a program after we ate dinner with children and grandchildren singing and reading poetry and what not. I was able to sing Lucky by Jason Mraz with my fellow cousins. It was fun.

At the end of the program there was a video of my grandparents where they talked about how they met and started dating. It was so sweet. There was even some video footage of their wedding day. It was great.

After everything ended and we cleaned everything up we turned on some dancin music and danced with the cousins. It was such a fun time. I love my cousins so much. Every single time we get together we have a good time.


It was a very fun evening. I am so blessed to be surrounded by great family. I am grateful for my grandparents example. I want to have a marriage as long and healthy as theirs :)

No comments: