Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Making Changes

So I feel like I have had a lot going on in my life lately. And I wouldn't necessarily say that I have a lot of things that I need to get done, but there is a lot of stuff going on that is in my head. Does that make sense? My mind is so busy with so many different things. 

I have been thinking a lot about where I am at with things. I am not where I want to be. I have slipped up in several areas. And all those different areas being neglected has taken a very negative toll on my life. I won't go into details, but I will just say that I have noticed that I need to make a lot of changes. A lot of habits need to be broken, and new habits need to be formed. 

I have tried for a little while to change, but I was just struggling with finding an effective way to do it. I admit I got frustrated and gave up for awhile. I have talked to a lot of people about this and I got a lot of good ideas that will help. A good friend of mine said that you need to do it a little at a time. Make a daily covenant with God to change something. Like a goal, only better. So that is what I am doing. I have been working on one thing today, and I noticed that as I worked on that one thing, some of the other things I was doing started to change as well. I know that as long as I am covenanting with God, I can do this. He is there for me. I have friends and family who support me. 

Life is great, and I am doing everything I can to make sure that I enjoy ever minute of it. One of my favorite quotes is from Bob Marley and he says, "Wake up and Live." Live life to the fullest baby.

No comments: