Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Charity

So work today was crazy. It was really hot. We deliver food to mall employees if they call and order food, and I went on 3 deliveries all in a row. Usually I walk slowly and take my time when I go on deliveries, but today we were busy so I had to go quickly. Thus causing my body to heat up and when I started helping customers again I was quite sweaty. It was gross. So I was being negative and grumpy. But then I witnessed the coolest thing.

The girl next to me was helping this homeless guy accompanied by what looked like an 18 yr old girl. She told him to order anything he wanted. So he ordered a couple sandwiches and a large fry and drink. Then she paid and told him "OK they'll give you your food when it's done!", and walked off. That was so cool! I got chills. I love when people rock and do stuff like that. That really lifted me up and helped me to be more positive the rest of my shift.

I am blessed with so much, and I should be doing more to serve others. I am so thankful for everything that I have. Have a great Tuesday everybody :)

No comments: