Sunday, August 26, 2012

Positive Attitudes

So today was my first Sunday in my new ward! It was awesome. It was weird because Relief Society and Sunday School were before Sacrament meeting. But I am sure I will get used to it.

Anyways, I stole a book from Josh because I really wanted to read it. It is called Happy Like Jesus-lessons from Jesus Christ on how to live. I have read the introduction and some of the first chapter and I wanted to share this with you. Just so you know, this is a book on how to find happiness and to be a positive and happy person. Awesome! This quote I am going to share with you is from Elder Holland:

"The Lord has probably spoken enough comforting words to supply the whole universe, it would seem, and yet we see all around us  unhappy Latter-day Saints, worried Latter-day Saints, and gloomy Latte-day Saints into whose troubled hearts not one of these innumerable consoling words seems to be allowed to enter...On that very night of Gethsemane, the night of the greatest suffering the world has ever known or will ever know, the Savior said, 'Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid'. I submit to you that this may be one of the Savior's commandments that is, even in the hearts of the otherwise faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed."

Isn't that just awesome?? I am loving this book. It is giving me so many insights. I am definitely making a goal to be happier. Why should I not be happy? I have no reason to be sad or gloomy or depressed.

I recommend this book to everyone. It's a great tool. Have a great Sunday everybody :)

No comments: