Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Future Me


So school is going really great so far! It is really hard right now because I really don't know what i'm doing yet. I have no muscle memory in my hands yet. I am learning perms and they require a lot of focus hand muscles.

So we got a homework assignment to make a poster with our goals on it. They are goals for my career and life. So I made my poster tonight. It made me think about where I want to take my career after school. Here is a picture of my poster, and then I will talk about some of my goals.





Here are my goals:

1. I want to have a lifestyle blog-like a blog about hair, make up, clothes, and just different things that happen day to day. I would want it to be an inspiring blog. I have been following a hair/lifestyle blog I found on pinterest for awhile, and it really has changed the way I see myself.

2. I want be happy, enthusiastic, and satisfied with my life.

3. Married in the temple!!! I want to have a happy Christ-centered family.

4. I want to focus a big chunk of my career doing hair and make up for weddings and other events. This is a recent interest of mine, and I am really excited. I think that would make my career a lot more personal. And I have always enjoyed experimenting with different hair techniques. Up-do's are so much fun.

5. Eventually I think it would be nice to own my own salon. That is not a priority, but I think eventually that would be what I want.

6. Inner beauty is on the poster as well. I put that on there because there is no substitute for what beauty you have inside. Hair and makeup and clothes are so much fun, but they are no substitute for that inner beauty. I hope to inspire that in people with my career path.

7. I don't know if you saw this on the top of the poster, but it says "BYU fan forever!". I put that because I will forever be a BYU fan. I had to put that on my goal poster. You know me.

8. The last thing I want to always work hard. It is going to take A LOT of hard work to get my career to where I want it to be. I still need to graduate from school and establish myself. I have always admired people who can work so hard, and I want to be one of those people. I have always looked up to my dad. He works so hard and is always so positive. He is the pefect example of how a person should be. I love him.

So there are some of my goals! I just wanted to put them up here because they are real. I want to accomplish these things. I hope to some day lead up to this. I am really happy and excited with where I am at right now, and I hope to continue to be happy and excited :)


No comments: