Sunday, May 19, 2013

Friends.

My friends have been occupying my thoughts a lot lately. It is amazing to me that I am surrounded by so many incredible people. Most of the friends I have are unexpected. I don't know how we came to be such good friends. But I am very glad that we are.

There are certain relationships that are so great there are no words to really describe it. It is so great that I can know someone and trust them enough to talk to them about anything. I know that they are listening. I know that they care. I can tell them about the stupid little meaningless things that happen throughout my day. But I can also talk to them about genuine concerns that I have or struggles that I am going through. And in return, I can be a listener to them.

Friendships are not the easiest things for me to develop because I am a very reserved person. I don't put myself out there and talk to people just to talk. So when I stumble across someone who can suddenly be one of the best things that has ever happened to me is such a blessing. These little unexpected friendships have changed my life. I have a Heavenly Father who knows exactly who I need by my side as I make my way through this weird little life of mine. And I am so full of gratitude. I am so happy.


No comments: