Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's Not A Waste

I just wanted to say a little bit about why I am choosing to go to cosmetology school. I have this horrible problem with worrying about what people think of me. So whenever I say I am going to hair school I kind of cringe because in my head I'm saying "Ok they think I am so vain and only care about looks. This chick must be stuck up." But it isn't true, I just have the problem of assuming that people think that.

I saw this quote on someone's blog quite a few months ago, and it really made me stop and think about why I want to pursue this career path. I've definitely struggled with choosing a path that is so focused on vanity. It seemed kind of empty. But this quote changed my mind.


Full quote here:

So we are, on a finite level, people who can create. Why does man have creativity?  Why can man think of so many things in his mind, and choose, and then bring forth something that other people can taste, smell, feel, hear, and see?   Because man was created in the image of a Creator.  Man was created that he might create.  It is not a waste of man's time to be creative.  It is not a waste to pursue artistic or scientific pursuits in creativity, because this is what man was made to be able to do.  He was made in the image of a Creator, and given the capacity to create- on a finite level of course, needing to use the materials already created- but he is still the creature of the Creator. 

God gave me the desire to be creative. My love for the beauty industry was not an accident. It's not an accident that I love styling hair. It is not an accident. I love to be creative with hair and make up and other things in the beauty industry.

This career path will give me the opportunity to meet so many different people and interact with them on a level that is personal.

I have learned to never underestimate the Lord's power to use my creative desire for something greater. I believe He has already set up my path and it is my choice to use it for something more. I was not given my desires and talents on accident.

And I will use them for something more.

No comments: