Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cousin Dinner

Dear people of the world,

I have to say that I have had a pretty darn good Sunday.

I was able to go to a mission farewell of someone who I have always admired so much. He is a little younger than me, but he was in my sunday school class back at home. A few days ago, his father passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack.  Because of this tragic loss, I was not sure he was still going to give his talk on Sunday, and ultimately decide not to go on a mission so that he could stay with his mother during this tender time. But he is still going! He is such an inspiration. The spirit that I felt during his beautiful talk was so incredibly strong. He is letting everything that is happening around him fuel the fire of his testimony. It has been a long time since I've felt the spirit that strongly. Thank you Jared for your testimony.

Once I came back to my apartment I took about a 3 hour nap, and woke up probably looking like I was on drugs. I don't know why I slept so long, but it was kind of nice. Anyways, me and my cousin/roomie were having some of our cousins over for dinner tonight. So we decided to prepare for that. We had me, Rosie, her brother Matt, and our cousins Amelia, and Lydia. Those 4 are the coolest cousins you could ever ask for. We were missing Laurel (Amelia and Lydia's sister) and Josh (my brother) because of missions, but we had an awesome time.

We ate baked bbq chicken with rice, seasoned green beans, cinnamon apples, and no bake cookies for dessert. So yummy. But I think the best part was being able to  have them over and to see how everyone is doing. Matt just returned from a mission and was telling us all about how his dating life is goin. Good on you man. Amelia is preparing to leave on a mission in Spain. Lydia and Rosie are working hard in school. You already know what's going on with me..

Anyway, it was really good to laugh with them. How cool is it that I am so close to my cousins? I think that is pretty cool. We had some good laughs about our memories of each other. The things we remember are so funny...

But that is what happened today. Sorry, this is a really really long post. Thanks for reading. If you skimmed it, thanks for skimming. I'm sure my blog is just blowing your mind.

No comments: