Friday, January 4, 2013

Hard Work

I just wanted to talk about how important work is! I thought while driving home from work tonight that I feel so accomplished about everything I did today/tonight. When I come home from work my aching legs and feet let me know that I was really productive and that I am doing something worth while with my time.

You know those days when you are in your p.j.'s all day and you don't really do anything except laze around and watch movies and eat? And you know how you just feel like a piece of junk? That is because you are not doing anything worth while with your time. I am really making a goal to do something each day that will help me to feel accomplished and I can go to bed knowing that I did all I could to make it a good day. Even something as simple as taking out the trash and doing the dishes or something. Little things like that add up through the day to the point where you just feel so happy for what you have done!

I always feel happiest when I sit down at dinner after a day of working my hardest. Especially when I am sitting with my family or roommates who were also working their hardest that day. Those are the moments I remember most. Those are the moments that bring us closest together.

There is a Clint Black song called Spend My Time that I really love because of the lyrics. He says "i'm gonna spend my time like it's goin out of style." I am making a goal to live by that motto!

No comments: