Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Puzzles with the Fam

Yesterday I went home for Martin Luther King day because my dad was making steaks for lunch. Who would ever say no to steaks?? I have to say it was very delicious. Some of the best steak my dad has ever made.

While we were eating me and my sister were talking about Phantom of the Opera because we went to see it with our cousins on Saturday. So Erika decided to put in a c.d. of my dad's that has some of Andrew Lloyd Webber's best songs.

We have a weird tradition in our family that we always do puzzles with this c.d. playing. This c.d. and some other country ones that my dad has. While the c.d. was playing my dad said, "hey we're not doing a puzzle!" So I told Erika to go get a puzzle and then we started working on a Disney puzzle.

I don't know why, but it is not a fun puzzle unless we have our awesome music playing in the background. And if there is awesome music playing, we have to be doing a puzzle or playing a board/card game with each other. I love it.

This particular puzzle we did is one of our favorites. It is a Disney one that we got from Disneyland. One of the best souveniers I have enjoyed from there.

The first thing we do is turn all of the pieces over and take out all the edges. I'm pretty sure everyone does puzzles like that, but in case you don't, that is what we do.

 
Our process of building the puzzle is pretty cool too. We kind all pick what part of the puzzle we want to focus on. I wanted to do the princesses and my dad wanted to do the monorail. Erika did the edges, and my mom did the Disneyland letters. Once we get going we realize that all of our pieces fit together and the puzzle is almost done! It is so awesome seeing how everyone did their part to make the puzzle happen.
 
 
This is the finished puzzle. I had to leave before it was completely finished because I had work :( I left at the above picture ^.
 
 

I had an awesome holiday yesterday! I hope you all did as well. I love having days that I can just spend with my family :)

No comments: