Thursday, January 3, 2013

This is Going to be a Great Year!

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and New Years. I definitely loved mine. This was the weirdest Christmas I ever had because my brother was gone and we didn't have all of our usual traditions. It is ok though, I still had an awesome one. I love when there is no school and the parents are off of work for so long! I definitely felt like I had plenty of time to spend with them. I can never get enough of those moments!

On New Years Eve we sat down as a familly to make our resolutions. A lot of times making resolutions bothers me because you never stick to them, and you tend to ask too much of yourself. So I rolled my eyes when we started. But really, it is such a good idea to reflect on your life. Think about everything you did in the past year. I was thinking about all of the good things. I noticed that my life was seriously lacking in some crucial things. So I decided that I am going to focus on those this year.

As many of you know I have decided that I will be serving a mission! However, I realized that if I was going to do that, I needed to be at my best spiritually and physically. Going on a mission requires a lot of you. I decided I am going to do these 3 things everyday to prepare me.

ONE [1] Be in bed at 10:30 p.m. every night (unless I have work or something else that requires me to stay up longer), and wake up at 6:30 a.m. every morning. *missionary rules-good to prepare, right?

TWO [2] Study the scriptures for 1 hour every morning. This would include everything. The Book of Mormon, D&C, Bible, Preach My Gospel, and anything that is enriching and teaches me more about this beautiful gospel that I will be teaching to people.

THREE [3] Live a healthier lifestyle. This means exercising daily to prepare my body for the demands of being on my feet for hours. I need to be able to do everything with out any problems. It also means healthier eating. I need to do this so that I have the energy to focus on what is really important. I need to be able to focus on my scripture study, and also I want to have the best attitude that I can about my life :)

I am hoping that doing these things will increase my happiness and enthusiasm about life!! I want to enjoy every moment this year. This is gonna be a good one.

No comments: