Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's Up to You.

In preparation for my mission I have noticed a change in so many things. I don't even have my call, but I have felt more temptation in the past couple of months preparing for a mission than I have felt in my whole life. It's not really big things that I am feeling tempted with, but silly little things through out my day.

It is getting harder and harder to get myself to wake up in the mornings because I feel like I have nothing to do. Or I wake up and start feeling really down on myself and sometimes feeling really worthless. When my day starts out like this it is hard to make myself happy throughout the rest of my day. It is getting easier and easier to blow off my scripture study. I tell myself that I can "do it later." Everybody has done that at some point and everyone knows that you will not do it later.

I had started out this year with so many goals and changes that I wanted to make, and so far it has not worked. But now that I have taken the time to sit down and think about the little choices I have been making I remember why I made these goals. When I read my scriptures at the start of the day, my day is so nice! I don't have fears or second guesses about my readiness for a mission. When I don't start out my day right, I frequently feel unprepared and very scared to serve. But I got an answer that I needed to go, and I will do whatever it takes to prepare myself the best I can.

My dad took me out to lunch a little while ago and he mentioned that I should be studying Preach my Gospel. And I have. It is awesome. Why wasn't I studying it before? I am learning so much more that I ever thought I would.

Rosie and I went to the distribution center yesterday to get a few things, and I looked back in the section with all the temple clothes and garments and had an overwhelming feeling come over me. It was a good feeling. The feeling that motivates me to become a better person so that I can one day (really soon) go back there and prepare to make sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father in the temple.

So I guess the point of this post was to share that temptation is so real. It is everywhere. But it is up to you if you are going to withstand it and do everything you can to stay strong. I want to stay strong. I want to serve the Lord as His representative somewhere on this beautiful Earth. I want others to feel of the happiness that I have been blessed with forever.


If you made it to the end of this post, good on ya. This is kind of long. I hope you have a wonderful evening and Sunday tomorrow :)

No comments: