Monday, January 7, 2013

My Keys...

Today I woke up to a beautiful sunshiney morning. I was feeling so good. I took a shower and got ready for the day. I read my scriptures and played with my dog. I enjoyed some time on the computer. After a little while I went outside to warm up my car.

My car had trouble starting..."oh no" I thought. But after a third try it indeed started. But I then realized I needed to scrape my windows. I actually enjoy scraping my windows so I didn't think anything of it. So I thought I opened my door and unlocked the other doors, so that I could get into the back seat to get my scraper. So with my car running, I shut the driver door and open the back door.

The back door is not opening. So I open the driver side to unlock it once more. But the driver door was locked as well. I feel like my soul has been sucked out. But then I remember that I have a spare set of keys in my purse!!! After what feels like a second of glory, I remember that my purse is in my car. Locked away. So many thoughts are running through my mind. My keys are locked in the ignition, with the car running in my driveway. Do I want to die? Do I run away? Do I call my parents? I don't know. But running away and dying sound really good right now.

I call my mom and ask her what I should do. She says to call dad. So I do, but it goes straight to voicemail. I try again, and no difference. I again call my mom and she reaches my dad. He is coming home from work to fix my stupid mistake. Meanwhile my mom has to come home from work so that she can drive me to work. That's not embarassing.

After work my mom picked me up (again, that's not embarassing...). She told me that my dad unlocked the car with one of our marshmallow roasting sticks. Because apparently a wire hanger is not strong enough. I am pretty much just amazed that he was able to unlock my car with out a locksmith.

This is really not a funny story. Because like 3 months ago while I was at my apartment for lunch and locked my keys in the trunk. Apparently i'm irresponsible with my keys. If you haven't noticed...

Moral of the story, I went and got one more set of spare keys today so that there will be a spare set at home and in my apartment. I hope I never lose these babies again...


2 comments:

Cosmo said...

You know, I used to pick locks. I used to have a set of lock-picks and everything.

Katie said...

As a job or a habit?