Monday, January 28, 2013

Breakin the Rules

Today my day started out kind of shakey. I woke up at 10:30 a.m. freaking out because I had work at 11. That gave me aprox. 15 minutes to get ready. My hopes of taking a shower flew out the window instantly. I managed to get ready in time though! Score.

The roads were icy, and I almost died walking into work, but i'm still here to tell the tale, so crisis averted. No worries there. Then after work I almost died as I was about 6.3 inches from my car. But again, still alive.

The instant I walked into my apartment I ran to the shower so that I could cleanse myself. I forget how much I love taking showers in the afternoon. Is that weird? I just like it...

Me and Rosie decided that today we were going to break the rules of our south beach diet (because it is the end of phase 1 and beginning of phase 2, which caused for a pretty dang awesome reward.) So we went to Costa Vida for dinner. That was very scrumptious.

Then we had fhe at my apartment. We had a lesson about keeping an eternal perspective. That was a great little reminder. My mind is going crazy thinking about all the different things. Maybe I need to go to sleep and wrap my head around everything so that I can make a plan to apply that to my life. For our activity we did puzzles. I got these puzzles at the dollar store, hoping that our family would enjoy them.


The Boba Fett one glows in the dark. After it was all built, we turned off the lights to see if it would glow. We discovered that it needed more time to charge in the light. So instead of picking up the puzzle and putting it up to the light (which doesn't work btw. It breaks.) they decided to lift up the whole coffee table and put the puzzle directly under the light. After about a minute, they put the table down and turned off the lights. It really glowed! It wasn't super great quality, but it was a buck. I was satisfied.

After puzzles/fhe, me and Rosie went to Menchies to finish off our breaking the rules/celebration. I got a free icecream from them because it is my birthday week. I got my usual chocolate with reeses an peanut butter/fudge sauce. Super good.

I really had a good time today. Despite the rocky start. Have a nice night.

No comments: