Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's Better to Look Up

So I decided to post something today :) I don't have awesome news to share, so I will just talk about what i've been up to lately!

My life mostly consists of working as of late. I noticed that when at work, when I get tired I tend to be negative with myself and kind of unhappy. So I started (yesterday) that I would listen to conference talks on my phone while driving to work rather than listening to the garbage on the radio. Wow. It has totally been making a difference. Yesterday I listened to one about patience, and when I found myself getting impatient with someone at work (or myself), the words from the talk would start going through my head. It is awesome. I mean my day is never perfect, but that is a small thing that I can do to keep me happy and to help me keep an eternal perspective. It is becoming to easy to lose sight of what is important. There are so many distractions.

I am thankful for the inspiration I got from my Heavenly Father to turn off the radio and turn on my phone yesterday. I know that this is what I need to do right now, and i'm lovin it! I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes that kind of goes with what I have been feeling.

No comments: