Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday today. I sure did. The first thing we did was go to visit my Uncle Travis's grave. I don't really remember him, but I love that we go to see him every year. I am so thankful for the blessing of the plan of salvation so that we can be reunited with our loved ones again. Memorial Day always reminds me of this blessing.

After doing that, we went to the Armory (where my dad works) to clean. We do this every week, but since I usually work I haven't done it for awhile. Dang it! I thought I would never have to do it again ;) Just kidding, it is always a good opportunity to spend time with family. I feel like when my family works together we grow a lot closer to each other.

Later in the afternoon we had a BBQ. It was delish. You have to have BBQ's on memorial day. I mean seriously. We had hot dogs, corn on the cob, strawberries w/ whipped cream, and chips and soda. I loved it. We then went up the canyon and just kind of walked around. We brought Kujo, and she kind of got annoying so we left. But that was still fun!

Then we apparently had a cleaning assignment at the church. On memorial day? I was really bugged at first. But we had the opportunity to clean the chapel. Whenever I clean the chapel I feel really blessed for that opportunity. I know that I am preparing it for Sunday, where the sacred ordinance of the Sacrament takes place. I feel good that I was able to prepare the church building for that.

Enjoy the rest if this day :)


Thanks to all the soldiers who have given/are giving so much to this country protecting our freedoms. Especially my Dad. I love him! :)

No comments: