Sunday, July 8, 2012

S'mores Cookies


So while my family was at church today I decided to make these delicious looking s'mores cookies that I saw on Pinterest. I was feeling uplifted and charitable after church, and found myself making these. Yum.

 Except the recipe called for little tiny marshmallows that I did not have. So, being my oh-so-creative self thought, "Oh I could just rip apart big marshmallows and that'll work!"

No no no...It didn't work. The marshmallows just turned to liquid and caramelized. So for the next pan I cooked I didn't keep them in as long. That turned out a little better. I must say these cookies are delicious. But due to the lack of marshmallow (because they melted away) and the abundance of chocolate chips, they just taste like graham cracker chocolate chips...but still yummy!!

These are my cute little cookies just about to enter the warm and cozy oven!


My precious little cookies half way through the cooking process.


The Food Network worthy looking cookies cooling off from the hot day of work in the oven.


And now....the finished product displayed on a plate. I tried to make them look cute, but oh well. This is as good as they're gonna get ;)


Now here is the recipe if you want to make them!

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (7 full graham cracker sheets)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Mini Hershey’s Kisses (or chocolate chips/chunks)
1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add the chocolate and marshmallows and stir to combine.
Place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 2 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

Tara said...

They are yummy! Thanks!