Saturday, March 23, 2013

Peace

Tonight as I was studying my scriptures and writing in my journal, I made an awesome realization that I really want to share.

So lately my life has consisted of many hours of work everyday. After work I would come home and listen to my music. Always. It was my ritual. My music makes me feel so good! I've already posted about this.  Putting my headphones in my ears allows me to escape from real life and takes me into the world of the lyrics (did that sound cheezy?...)

However, listening to music while wasting my time on the internet was more of a priority than reading my scriptures and simply saying my prayers.

There is someone I work with who is constantly happy. Always smiling. Continuously laughing. When I am at work I tend to complain, or simply don't smile. I decided that I wanted to be more like this positive person. I smiled. I tried to keep my complaints to myself. The difference it made was incredible.

When I came home from work I decided that I wanted to read my scriptures. After reading my scriptures I listened to some Sunday music and wrote in my journal. I read my patriarchal blessing. The Spirit was so strong, and I felt the most amazing peace.

Here is the realization that I made:

Nothing can bring us more happiness than the beautiful Gospel of Jesus Christ

I'm comparing the feeling of listening to my music after work every day and the way I feel after studying my scriptures. They are completely different. Nothing can bring us more peace than dedicating our time to our Lord.

This is just my experience. But I challenge you to try it for yourself. Take 15 minutes to read from your scriptures, write in your journal, or say a simple prayer. Pay attention to what you feel during/after doing so. Listen to Heavenly Father speak to you. Because He will.


No comments: